Sunday, March 16, 2008

It has been a LONG hard week

It has really been a hard week. I have really been trying to help my youngest son do better in his classes. He is in the 7th grade and is a really smart kid but his grades lately have not reflected that. So much of it is lack of caring, listening and forgetfulness. It is really a struggle trying to make him care that he has a B in a class when he should have an A. I can yell at him, ground him, make his life boring but what I have discovered is I can't make him care. I can't make him want to work hard enough for that A.
I wonder if that is how God feels about us sometimes. He can offer us the world. He can offer us the best of everything. He can offer us love so special we don't need anything else. He does this and more. But we sit back and do things the way we want. He must shake his head at us like a par net. He can't make us care like I can't make my son care. He wants us to hold on to him with everything we have and offers us everything we need to have it all through him but sometimes we just are happy with just getting by.
So I guess the next time I look at one of my children and think I know best for them and try and make them see things my way. I may need to stop and look inside and make sure I am doing the say. Seeing things GOD's way.
Just a thought.... :)

4 comments:

Ty Ty's Tyrades said...

You are so right! We have lived longer and we have experienced already what our kids are experiencing and know what we would do different if we could go back BUT we did experience! They are experiencing. We forget they need to experience theirselves. We want to protect and completely shape their lives for them into these perfect little molds so life will be grand and without any major pains or setbacks but we cant. It is called tough love. I believe this is the love God shows us. He allows us to make mistakes even though we have the opportunities for greatness right before us at all times. It is always a decision. Discipline is the key. Discipline and Diciples go hand and hand. It takes discipline to be a disciple. Logan will make it just like you and Jeff did, he will have bumps in the road, a few B's will be blessings when you look at things in the long run. It could be worse. We think these little things are so bad but really they are such a blessing! We all want to be the best that we can be but like you said, we know God looks down and knows we could do so much better. Life just gets in the way! Our hearts is what really matters! Love ya!

Paige said...

I wish I had just one memory of a mom who cared about my grades. Logan has blessings he will not even realize until he is a parent. I think 7th grade is a tough time for kids, especially boys. Which is exactly it! He is stuck somewhere between childhood and adulthood (I think it is called the teens! LOL) His focus certainly is not improving that B; he is just trying to make it through his teenage day. All you can do is encourage Logan and pray. Have faith in God's plan for him and be glad it is a B not a D. Love ya friend!

Ty Ty's Tyrades said...

The long post that says it is from Ty is really from Renee. I forgot I was logged in under Ty. Sorry Trace! It is not Ty telling you that he loves ya!

Brook said...

Wow, I was really shocked that Ty replied with so many words. So that makes a lot more sense that it was Renee. Ha!

"He wants us to hold on to him with everything we have and offers us everything we need to have it all through him but sometimes we just are happy with just getting by. "...I'm sick of just getting by. That totally describes my week this week. I've just been getting by-actually, I've been dragging by. God must be looking at me just shaking his head waiting for me to "get it" and depend on him!!